Stepping into Nature

SiNature TREE gradient                14939502 1574665869225461 6506503251691860902 o

About Us

Stepping into Nature –  is helping to deliver health and well-being benefits for Dorset’s older people, including those living with dementia and their carers. Using Dorset’s outstanding natural and cultural landscape to create and provide dementia friendly activities and sensory rich places to visit in Dorset.

If you would like to receive information on the latest activities, interesting news and other local things you can get involved in please subscribe to our monthly email newsletter   here.

Current Activities

We have a range of activities available. Please click on each activity or more information.

Greenwood Club - Woodworking, cooking and crafts

Wellbeing Walks at Radipole Lakes
        Watch a video here

Woodland Walks at Thorncombe Woods

Inspired by Archives at Dorset History Centre

Gardening in Swanage with Dorset Wildlife Trust

Durlston Country Park castle tours and coastal walks
        Watch a video about Durlston here

Coastal Activities at the Chesil Beach Centre

Arts activities with Arts Development Company

Other Local Activities

Click here if you haven't found a Stepping into Activity to suit you, perhaps one of these activities would be for you.

Community Pot Fund

‘Stepping into Nature’ is awarding grants to local communities for projects which improve the health and wellbeing of people in later life, those with dementia and their carers by enabling them to connect to nature.

Grants available range from £100 up to £2000. This funding will support 70% of the costs with the remaining 30% in kind or volunteer hours. If you have a project that you would like to get funded, particularly in Dorchester, Bridport, Beaminster, Swanage, Lyme Regis, Chickerell or the immediate surrounding areas then we would like to hear from you.

Click here for more information.

Gallery and Quotes

Clickhere to view pictures and hear what people think about our project.

Latest News

Click here to read more articles.

Additional Information

Click here to read more background information, including reports from our pilot project and more. 

Contact Us

For more information on the project or for enquires please email us, or call Julie Hammon on 01305 224785.

Keep up to date by following us on Twitterand Facebook with @stepin2nature.

hi big e min blue


Facebook logo square     twitter-transparent