Circular walks that discover the secrets of the South Dorset Ridgeway
This pack of four walks takes in the marvellous archaeology and natural scenery of the South Dorset Ridgeway.
Designed and illustrated by Yvonne Lee each leaflet includes an easy to follow map and description of each route alongside key features to look out for.
The packs are available from Tourist Information Centres and can also be downloaded here.
- Maiden Castle & Clandon Barrow. Starting in Martinstown this easy going walk passes Maiden Castle, one of Europe's largest Iron Age hillforts with views to the Ridgeway. 3 miles 2 hours Download Page 1 Map 848.36 Kb, Page 2 1017.02 Kb .
- Hardy's High Road. Starting in Broadmayne this countryside walk has a few short climbs with incredible views. 6.5 miles 3.5 hours Download Page 1 774.53 Kb, Page 2 1009.30 Kb
- Barrow Circle. Starting in Martinstown this superb walk climbs up to the ridge for fantastic fews and one of the UK's most interesting Bronze Age cemeteries. 5.5 miles 3 hours Download Page 1 Map 859.00 Kb, Page 2 1.04 Mb .
- Stones & Circles. Starting in Portesham this strenuous walk passes an abandoned quarry, stone circles and other monuments. 7 miles 4.5 hours Download Page 1 Map 833.94 Kb, Page 2 985.06 Kb.
- Download Round-a-bout the Ridge pack cover Page 1 Inside Folder 924.02 Kb, Page 2 Outside cover 2.23 Mb .
If you love the illustrations as much as we do then you might like to find out more about Yvonne Lee. Click here for her website.