Nature reserve with lowland heath. Salt marshes lead to Poole Harbour mudflats.
- Owned/managed by: RSPB
- Grid reference: SY973878
- Location: Stoborough village 3 miles, Wareham 4 miles
- Access information: No disabled access;
dogs allowed; toilets
Walks/talks for groups available by arrangement
Walks for general public available throughout the year
- What can I see there? Spring: passage waders and migrants, early dragonflies. Summer: dragonflies, reptiles, butterflies, breeding birds. Autumn: passage waders, migrants, heathers in flowers. Winter: waders and wildfowl.
- Best time to visit: All year
- Opening hours: Shipstal Point open at all times, car park locked after dark
- Transport links: Bus from Stoborough, train from Wareham
- Contact: 01929 553360