Lowland heath and mire, National Nature Reserve, extensively grazed by cattle and ponies. Adjoining farmland is being gradually restored to heath.
- Owned/managed by: The National Trust & Natural England
- Grid reference: SY963856
- Location: Stoborough village 2 miles, Wareham 3 miles
- Access information: Disabled access - first 400 metres of Hartland Way (3 mile walk) specially designed for wheelchair users
Hartland ride is a permissive bridleway across the moor avoiding major roads
Leaflets available from Natural England and the National Trust
Guided walks provided by Natural England and the National Trust
- What can I see there? Healthland birds, all six species of reptile and the vivid blue marsh gentian can be found here.
- Best time to visit: Summer
- Opening hours: All year
- Transport links: Buses from Stoborough
Trains from Wareham
- Contact: Natural England on 0300 060 6000