Sanctuary for mute swans originally established by Benedictine monks in the fourteenth century, an ancient site sheltered by Chesil Beach.
- Owned/managed by: Private owner
- Grid reference: SY576843
- Location: Abbotsbury
- Access information: Audio visual show every hour
Ugly Duckling trail
Fully wheelchair accessible
Closed during winter months
- What can I see there? Swans and other coastal wildlife
- Best time to visit: Mid May to end of June, cygnet nests
Sept - Oct watch young swans learning to fly.
- Opening hours: Late March to early November
- Contact: 01305 871 858