Circular walks that discover the secrets of the South Dorset Ridgeway
These four South Dorset Ridgeway circular walks show off the marvellous archaeology and fabulous scenery of the Ridgeway. They are beautifully illustrated by Yvonne Lee. Each contains a map and features to look out for.
- Maiden Castle & Clandon Barrow. (3 miles, 2 hours) Starting in Martinstown, this easy-going walk passes Maiden Castle, one of Europe's largest Iron Age hill forts with views to the Ridgeway. Download Page 1 Map 848.36 Kb, Page 2 1017.02 Kb .
- Hardy's High Road. (6.5 miles, 3.5 hours) Starting in Broadmayne this countryside walk has a few short climbs with incredible views. Download Page 1 774.53 Kb, Page 2 1009.30 Kb
- Barrow Circle. (5.5 miles, 3 hours) Starting in Martinstown this superb walk climbs up to the ridge for fantastic fews and one of the UK's most interesting Bronze Age cemeteries. Download Page 1 Map 859.00 Kb, Page 2 1.04 Mb .
- Stones & Circles. (7 miles, 4.5 hours) Starting in Portesham this strenuous walk passes an abandoned quarry, stone circles and other monuments. Download Page 1 Map 833.94 Kb, Page 2 985.06 Kb.
- Download Round-a-bout the Ridge pack cover Page 1 Inside Folder 924.02 Kb, Page 2 Outside cover 2.23 Mb .
If you love the illustrations as much as we do then you might like to find out more about Yvonne Lee. Click here for her website.