South Dorset Ridgeway Heritage Project Archive
The South Dorset Ridgeway Heritage Project ran for three years from June 2008 to 2011. Its primary objectives were to raise awareness of the South Dorset Ridgeway, both locally and nationally; to survey and protect the historic monuments and to encourage access and learning.
There were festivals, other public events and volunteer projects which are all archived below.
Project partners: Natural England, English Heritage, National Trust, Dorset County Museum, Dorset County Council, Dorset Countryside Rangers Service, Bournemouth University, Wessex Archaeology, West Dorset District Council, Weymouth & Portland District Council, Dorset Association of Parish & Town Councils
- Hidden Treasure Discovered in Old Photographs
- Schools Workshops & Events
- live IT love IT film IT
- Ridgeway Voices Oral History
- Ridgeway Voices A Virtual Exhibition
- Ridgeway Voices Walking Festival
- Ridgeway Villages
- South Dorset Ridgeway Festival July 2010
- Dorchester Roman Festival May 2010
- Bronze Age Festival 2009
- Spirit of Place April 2009