Superb area of coastal grassland and seacliffs, one of the best places in Britain for watching birds and wildlife.
- Owned/managed by: Dorset County Council
- Grid reference: SZ032773
- Location: Swanage 1 mile
- Access information: Some disabled access
Dogs on leads or close control
Self-guided trails and guided walk/events programme
Visitor centre - comprehensive education pack giving details of ranger-lead discovery sessions and talks. All schools must make prior booking arrangements.
Limited wet weather facilities
- What can I see there? Downland flowers spring; butterflies May - Sept; seabirds March - July; migrant birds April/May, August - October.
- Opening hours: All year, sunrise to sunset
Visitor Centre open daily:
April - Oct 10am - 5pm
Nov - March weekends only 10.30am - 4.30pm
- Transport links: Buses from Swanage
150 car parking spaces (pay and display)
Limited coach parking, best on weekdays
- Contact: Durlston Visitor Centre 01929 424443