A tranquil island in Poole Harbour with spectacular views.
- Owned/managed by: Owned byThe National Trust, managed by Dorset Wildlife Trust
- Grid reference: SZ032877
- Location: Poole
- Access information: Disabled access - all boats accept and help wheelchair users. Two self drive powered wheelchairs and two manual wheelchairs are available.
No dogs allowed on island.
Shop; toilets; exhibition; restaurant; Braille and large print guides, audio tapes.
- What can I see there? Red squirrels, deer and rare birds including little egrets. Dorset Wildlife Trust manages a nature reserve which includes brackish lagoon, nesting terns and heronry. Waymarked trails over island.
- Best time to visit: March - October
- Opening hours: 23 March - 13 Oct daily, 10am - 5pm
July - August 10am - 6pm
- Transport links: Ferry from Poole or Sandbanks
- Contact: National Trust Property Manager 01202 707744