About the Community Pot
Stepping into Nature has a small grants scheme for local communities to use. This fund will be used to help people make connections to the natural environment in local communities. Enabling community groups to undertake projects, which help to conserve and enhance the natural beauty in their local area and encourage engagement with nature for older people, those living with dementia and their carers.
The max amount available per application is £2000 at a 70/30% match (in-kind or funding). This competitive grants scheme will provide small grants for a range of eligible projects that contribute towards some of the Stepping into Nature objectives which are;
- Developing and delivering opportunities for people to become more physically and mentally active that increase peoples resilience by improving social and emotional wellbeing
- Improving the environment to increase accessibility creating “Dementia Friendly Countryside” green spaces
- Reducing feelings of isolation and loneliness through delivering inclusive nature based activities within communities.
- Increased confidence and life skills for older people, those with dementia, carers and providers.
- Increased motivation and independence for carers and people with dementia through increased provision and information to accessing the natural landscape.
To express an interest or for an informal chat about your project please contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call Julie Hammon on 01305 224785.